Ms Bhandarkar from the Support Faculty.
My role as year adviser
- To provide guidance for and promote the welfare of students.
- To support individual students through difficult times.
- To assist teachers in understanding the practical needs of individual students within the year group.
- To monitor trends in individual students relating to academic progress, classroom behaviour, attendance, social behaviour, adjustment and to refer, where necessary to counsellor, Principal, Deputy Principal, Head Teacher Welfare.
- To initiate, develop, enhance programs that develop and promote group cohesion and identification, encourage and support camps, dances and formal assemblies.
As the interface between home and school
- To provide the initial point of contact for parents.
- To liaise between parents and the school.
As a member of the school welfare team
- To update information on students with special needs.
- To participate in the development and implementation of school policy relating to student welfare.
- To attend welfare committee meetings.
- To liaise with the School Counsellor and be proactive in referring students of concern.
As an administrator
- To maintain certain records on welfare and student files.
- Monitor whole day absences and intervene where necessary.
- To produce reports using school based software.
- To assist with new enrolment procedures.
- To co-ordinate the presentation of reports to parents.
- To regularly survey students and monitor interests/concerns.
I invite parents and carers to contact me with any questions, concerns or suggestions.